Clipchamp is one of the most practical online video tools. By providing many predefined templates and intuitive features, you can create beautiful social media post videos in no time.
With the platform, you can also embellish manually your content with text, or use the automatic mobile caption app. However, you’ll see, this is not the most productive way if you have longer videos.
Here we show you the best solution for subtitles on Clipchamp if you have a larger volume of video.
Why add captions on Clipchamp?
Clipchamp describes itself as one of the most popular video maker for communication managers, social media creators and influencers. With all-in-one video features and resources, it has never been easier to create beautiful and engaging video posts.
However, if you want to include text on your video, as users favor videos without sound on social medias, Clipchamp is not the best video accessibility solution. This is where subtitles come in : they help you spread your message to every type of audience.
Here are the major marketing benefits you can get from subtitles:
- You share your videos to a diversity of languages and nationalities around the world.
- Subtitles improve the viewing and engagement rate of your videos, with greater visual impact.
- Users on social media can more easily interact with your content by being able to quote directly from what you say.
- You enable people who are deaf or hard of hearing to understand your content.
Sound interesting? Here’s how you can get started.
Subtitle Clipchamp: the different alternatives
Clipchamp already has a built-in subtitle feature. So you can create and cut manually texts, then drag and drop them onto your image. Everything is explained here.
You can also use the mobile app to generate automatic texts on your video. All you have to do is upload the video, and the solution generates approximately the texts from the audio.
However, these tools can be limited for larger video projects:
- The manual tool requires a lot of effort to create longer video subtitles.
- The captioning app is more efficient but doesn’t provide a very good result on longer videos, and is only available on mobile devices. So in the process, you can lose a lot of productivity.
- You cannot translate your texts automatically
Clipchamp’s captioning tools fits well with a small amount of speech, but are limited when dealing with professional video projects. If you want to gain in productivity, you have several other choices:
- Use an automatic subtitle generator that burn your subtitles into the video. Thanks to their speech-to-text technology, you will save time and make your work easier.
- Hire subtitle experts. If you have an important video project, this is the trusted solution to help you with that.
Here we show you our professional solution Checksub, which combines automatic technology and professional expertise.
How to use an automatic subtitle generator for Clipchamp?
Since the emergence of speech recognition technologies, many automatic subtitling solutions have become available on the market. By supporting transcription, audio/video synchronization and even foreign language translation, they provide fast and high quality results.
Among them, our solution is particularly well suited for doing subtitles on Clipchamp. It helps you :
- Automatically and accurately transcribe your videos (advanced speech recognition API)
- Collaborate with professional subtitlers and translators to manage your video project.
- Translate your video into more than 128 languages (translation based on in-depth learning)
- Easily change and customize the appearance of your subtitles
Here is the step-by-step method to use it :
1# Upload your video on the interface
To get started, login to the Checksub platform. By logging in, you will have direct access to the platform to upload your video. Select your content and indicate its original language. You can also choose between several languages to make a translation if necessary.
To try the platform, you have one hour free. If this is not enough, you can buy credits at a low price.
The API will then perform the speech recognition and provide you with the result in a few minutes.
2# Check and optimize the transcription
When the result is ready, you can click on the language of your video and access the dedicated subtitle editor to check and optimize the synchronization.
3# Upload your subtitled video
When you are satisfied with the result, you can then recover your video with burned-in subtitles. Just press “Export” and then “Video Export”. You then have access to a subtitle editor to customize the appearance of your subtitles. When you have finished the job, you can then upload the subtitled video. That’s it!
Hiring a professional subtitle service
As you can see, creating subtitles is quite a complex job. This is even more true if you have a large volume of Clipchamp videos that are difficult to transcribe (ambient noise).
Fortunately, there are also professional services that can take care of your Clipchamp video projects. With the help of proven human expertise, they will deliver your projects in a short delay and with high quality. For example, our subtitling experts are at your service!
Otherwise, we hope we’ve helped you become a great video creation champion !