Designed one month after YouTube, Dailymotion is a French video platform competing with the video giant. Over time, it has created its own identity, with media companies and advertisers, and has found itself to an older audience.
Its simple video player is easy to embed on your website, and help you reach a more precise audience. Yet, even if it provides video accessibility features, the interface still hasn’t an automatic subtitle generator.
So here’s how to subtitle your Dailymotion videos, productively and efficiently.
Why add subtitles to your Dailymotion videos?
Dailymotion is used by numerous brands and companies for its easily customizable and embeddable API. The video player also integrates essential digital accessibility features, such as voice control and automatic playback.
But you can also easily add subtitles to your video. This is all the more important since deaf and hard of hearing people are an essential part of Dailymotion’s audience. On top of that, subtitles optimize the performance of your content on the platform. For several reasons :
- They broaden your audience to a diversity of languages and nationalities around the world.
- They improve the views and engagement rate of your videos, with a stronger visual impact.
- Users remember and memorize your message better, by being able to react directly to your comments.
- You allow people with hearing loss to understand your content
If you’re interested, here’s how to subtitle your videos.
Dailymotion subtitles: the different ways to proceed
There is actually only one way to add subtitles to your Dailymotion video: by uploading an SRT file to the platform. However, there are several ways to do this depending on your situation:
You already have an SRT file
- In this case, here’s how to proceed:
- In the “Advanced” option on the video interface, click on “Add subtitles”.
- Then click on the “Languages” drop-down menu and select the desired language for the subtitles.
- Next to the selected language, click on the “Upload” button.
- You can then choose your .SRT file on your computer.
- Finally, you only have to save the settings
You don’t have an SRT file yet
In this case, you have several options :
- Creating your transcription file manually and adapt it to the SRT format. We warn you, it is quite a long and complicated job.
- Using an automatic subtitle generator. Thanks to their voice recognition technology, you will save time and make your work easier.
- Asking for professional subtitling services. If you have the means or a large volume of videos, this is the trusted solution to take charge of your project.
We present here our professional solution Checksub, which combines automatic technology and professional expertise.
How to use an automatic subtitle generator on Dailymotion?
As voice recognition technologies have become widespread, many automatic subtitling solutions have appeared on the market. By taking care of transcription, audio/video synchronization and even translation into a foreign language, they allow you to obtain a fast and rather qualitative result. We present the simple method to subtitle your Dailymotion video on our solution. It has interesting features such as :
- An advanced speech recognition API
- A collaborative interface with subtitlers and translators to manage your video project
- An automatic translation engine to translate your video, with 128 different languages available.
- A powerful and easy-to-use online subtitle editor
- simple and practical!
1# Upload your video on the interface
To get started, login to the Checksub platform. By logging in, you will have direct access to the platform to upload your video. Select your content and indicate its original language. You can also choose between several languages to make a translation if necessary.
To try the platform, you have one hour free. If this is not enough, you can buy credits at a low price.
The API will then perform the speech recognition and provide you with the result in a few minutes.
2# Verify and optimize the transcription
When the result is ready, you can click on the language of your video and access the dedicated subtitle editor to check and optimize the synchronization.
3# Export your SRT file
When you are satisfied with the result, you can then directly retrieve the subtitles of your video. Just press “Export” and then “SRT” to download the file. You can also upload your video with built-in subtitles to export it everywhere effortlessly with the “Export Video” option.
Professional subtitling service: Checksub
As you can see, creating and synchronizing subtitles are quite a complex job. This is even more true if you have a large volume of videos or Dailymotion videos that are difficult to transcribe (ambient noise).
Fortunately, there are also professional services that can take care of your Dailymotion video projects. With the help of proven human expertise, they will deliver your projects in a short time and with high quality. For example, our subtitling experts are at your service!
So we hope we’ve helped you improve your video content performance!