Since LinkedIn has included videos in 2017, they have simply become unavoidable on the platform. Users’ attention is in fact naturally drawn to more visual and interactive content (as 75% of business executives watch at least one work-related video per week).
The native video format in particular is an opportunity to expand your network and increase your brand awareness. Even more by adding subtitles, which enhance the visual impact of your videos in every way.
As a LinkedIn video expert, we show you how to create quality subtitles, saving you time in the process.
Why add subtitles to your LinkedIn videos?
As videos have become a part of LinkedIn strategy, many brands have made the leap. Whether it’s through trailers, customer or employee interviews, engaged or creative videos, they have understood their power, especially when it comes to attracting professional and B2B customers. Personal branding is also making its mark with video, with more personal videos discussing pieces of news, opinions and advice.
But the use of video also implies new issues. For starters, social media algorithms increasingly favor video playback without sound, scrolling silent videos automatically. Users themselves consume this content on the move or in environments where they cannot use sound. Another important issue is that many users on the platform are deaf and hard of hearing, which requires specific digital accessibility features.
At all these levels, subtitles are key to the success of your LinkedIn videos. They provide essential marketing benefits such as :
- A greater number of views and longer than average playback. Subtitled videos have increased visual impact and readability.
- A higher engagement rate, and a greater chance that a user will react and comment on your words (since they can read and memorize them more easily thanks to your subtitles).
- A more international audience, if you want to translate your video into other languages or for other nationalities.
- Enhanced credibility and reputation for your brand, including showing that you care about video quality and inclusiveness
Are you interested? Then hang tight, we show you how to make them.
LinkedIn subtitles: the different solutions
There is actually only one way to add subtitles to your LinkedIn video: by uploading an SRT file to the platform. However, there are several ways to do this depending on your situation:
You already have an SRT file
In this case, just upload this file to the interface. Here’s how to do it:
Upload your video on the interface, preferably in a native way (video without external link between 3 seconds and 10 minutes long).
Then press “edit video”. Then the subtitle tab will appear, and allow you to select your SRT file.
You don’t have an SRT file yet.
In this case, you can proceed in three different ways:
- Create your transcription manually and adapt it to the SRT file. We warn you, it’s a job rather long and complicated. But if you’re interested, here’s how to do it.
- Use an automatic subtitling generator. With their voice recognition technology, you save time and make the job easier.
- Use professional captioning professionals. If you can afford it or have a large volume of video, this is the trusted solution to take care of your project.
Here we present our professional solution Checksub, which combines automatic technology and professional expertise. Just so you know : the process is the same if you want to add subtitles to your LinkedIn Learning videos.
How to use a subtitle generator on LinkedIn?
As speech recognition technologies have become widespread, many automatic subtitling solutions have appeared on the market. By taking care of transcription, audio/video synchronization and even translation into a foreign language, they give a fast and rather qualitative result. We present you the simple method to subtitle your LinkedIn video on our solution. It has interesting features such as :
- An advanced speech recognition API
- A collaborative interface with subtitlers and translators to manage your video project
- An automatic translation engine to translate your video, with 128 different languages available.
- A powerful and easy-to-use online subtitle editor
- simple and practical!
1# Upload your video on the interface
To get started, login to the Checksub platform. By logging in, you will have direct access to the platform to upload your video. Select your content and indicate its original language. You can also choose between several languages to make a translation if necessary.
To try the platform, you have one hour free. If this is not enough, you can buy credits at a low price.
The API will then perform the speech recognition and provide you with the result in a few minutes.
2# Check and optimize the transcription
When the result is ready, you can click on the language of your video and access the dedicated subtitle editor to check and optimize the synchronization.
3# Export your SRT file
When you are okay with the result, you can then directly recover the subtitles in your video. Just press “Export” then “SRT” to download the file. You can also upload your video with burn-in subtitles to export it everywhere effortlessly with the “Video export” option.
Professional captioning service: how to choose one
As you can see, the creation and temporal synchronization of subtitles is quite complex. This is even more the case if you have a large volume of video or LinkedIn videos that are difficult to transcribe (ambient noise).
Fortunately, there are also professional services that can take care of your LinkedIn video projects. With the help of proven human expertise, they deliver your projects in a short time and with high quality. For example, our subtitling experts are at your service!
Here it is ! Hoping we’ve helped you expand your professional circle with videos!