Since its launch in 2011, Twitch has become the must-have streaming platform for gaming. On it, pro players can gather an audience of their own and show their live achievements.
If the platform is already a good stepping stone for them, gamers however still need to find viewers outside of Twitch. Sharing their video recordings on social media can thus help them make themselves known, especially with subtitles.
We show you how to use an automatic subtitle generator for that, and reach more people.
Why add subtitles to your Twitch videos?
Twitch is an ideal streaming platform for players who want to attract a loyal and engaged fan base. But while it does a pretty good job of showcasing its creators, it can still be quite difficult to make a name for yourself in the early days. So players often leverage other platforms to attract an audience passionate about their content. Social medias and YouTube are a good boost to build their audience.
And subtitles can be a useful ally in this strategy, especially to target a larger and more global audience. As a streamer and gamer, you can expect many marketing benefits from subtitles :
- You make your content accessible to a deaf and hearing-impaired audience, which is a significant share of users on Twitch.
- With impactful subtitles, you make users want to play your video.
- You encourage them to watch your video even without sound on social media.
- You make it easier for them to bounce back on a particular question or comment in your video.
- Likewise, you improve the SEO of your personal website if you have one
Would you like to do that? We give you the keys to successful subtitling.
Twitch subtitles: the different ways of doing it
To subtitle your Twitch videos, there is actually only one efficient way to do it: creating a subtitle file (SRT or VTT) and including it into your video player. But there are several ways to proceed to get there :
- Creating subtitles manually. We warn you, doing subtitles is particularly hard and requires specific skills to do the job well.
- Using an automatic subtitle tool. These solutions generate a transcription with the help of speech-to-text technology and provide you with a subtitle editor.
- Using a professional subtitling service. This choice ensures that you get a reliable and quality result.
How to use an automatic subtitle generator on Twitch?
Four years ago, we at Checksub realized how complicated and time-consuming doing subtitles was for video creators. So we decided to work on an automatic subtitling solution that would allow them to focus on the essentials. It has features that will help you to :
- Transcribe your videos automatically and with great accuracy (Advanced Speech Recognition API)
- Collaborate with professional subtitlers and translators to manage your video project.
- Translate your video into more than 128 languages (translation based on deep learning)
- Easily edit and customize the appearance of your subtitles
Here is the step-by-step method to master the tool:
1# Upload your video on the platform
To get started, log in to the Checksub platform. By registering, you will have direct access to the interface to upload your video. Select your content and indicate its original language. You can also choose between several languages to perform translation if necessary.
To try the platform, you have 1 hour of free video. This should be enough for your first Twitch recording.
The API will then perform speech recognition and provide you with the result in a few minutes.
2# Check and adapt the result
When the result is ready, click on the language of your video and access the dedicated subtitle editor to check and optimize the synchronization.
3# Import the SRT or VTT file on your video platform
When you are satisfied with the result, you can then export the subtitles of your Checksub in the SRT or VTT format recognized by all social networks (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram…). To do so, click on the "Export" button, then on "SRT" or "VTT". Then you just have to upload the file to the right place.
Using a professional captioning service
As you can see, creating subtitles is quite complex. This is even more true if you have a large volume of twitch videos that are difficult to transcribe (ambient noise).
Fortunately, there are also professional services that can take care of your Twitch video projects. With the help of proven human expertise, they will deliver your projects in a short period of time and with high quality. For example, our subtitling experts are at your service!
Otherwise, we hope we've helped you beat your own streaming score !