Final Cut Pro is the ultimate video editor for Mac video professionals. Taking full advantage of Apple's hardware, it offers unparalleled image, color and sound optimization features.
But while this enhanced version of iMovie allows you to manually edit text on your video, it may lack a more effective captioning feature. For are a busy video creator, the workflow can indeed be quite long and complex.
Here we show you more productive and reliable solutions to create your subtitles, thus helping you provide the best video experience possible.
Why improve the subtitle workflow of your Final Cut Pro videos?
Video creators and professionals value Final Cut Pro for the way it maximizes their post-production process. With advanced editing and retouching tools, you can optimize the rendering of your films and shorts in depth, and arrange many sequences in video with a few clicks.
But while Final Cut does provide a tool for adding text, it doesn't really have a productive subtitle solution. Especially for video projects of significant length and complexity, this can waste valuable time in the workflow of your video production.
Yet creating quality subtitles brings you many benefits:
- With good subtitling, you save time by optimizing your productivity and overall workflow
- You export your video content to a more international audience, and make it accessible to the deaf and hard of hearing
- You also maximize the visual impact of your creations, especially on social networks, by making it easy to interact with your content
- Thanks to subtitles, you extend the marketing reach of your video campaigns, notably by improving the memorability of your message and your brand
Want to take it to the next level? We'll show you a way.
Final Cut captions: the different ways to do them
There are several ways to make your subtitles on Final Cut. But depending on your needs and the scope of your project, each alternative won't have the same benefit for you. Here are the choices available to you:
- Make your subtitles manually with the platform's text editing tool. Simply create titles and drag them onto the interface.
- Opting for an automatic subtitle generator. These solutions take care of the transcription, synchronization and even translation of your video. Thanks to their speech recognition technology, you only have to check the result, and you will immediately get a subtitle file (SRT, VTT) that you can use everywhere!
- Requesting the services of a professional captioners. This is the most reliable solution if you want to get a quality result for important projects. This is obviously ideal for video production projects.
Our Checksub captioning platform combines both human expertise and automatic technology. Here we show you how it can help you.
How to use an automatic subtitle generator in Final Cut Pro?
Since speech recognition technologies have emerged on the market, subtitling has become a much easier job. Previously, creating subtitles by hand was time-consuming and tedious. Now, with automatic subtitling solutions, you can subtitle your video in much less time.
However, professional solutions are still the most reliable for high volume, high demand projects.
Here we present our professional subtitling platform (in collaboration with agencies and freelancers). We created it to help optimize the workflow of creators and video professionals. It helps you to:
- Automatically and accurately transcribe your videos (advanced speech recognition API).
- Collaborate with professional captioners and translators to manage your video project.
- Translate your video into over 128 languages (deep learning-based translation).
- Easily edit and customize the appearance of your subtitles.
If you want to do the work yourself, here is the fastest way to do it with our subtitling solution.
1# Export your Final Cut Pro video into the interface
To get started, log in to the Checksub platform. By logging in, you will have direct access to the platform to upload your video. Select your previously uploaded Final Cut content and specify its original language. You can also choose between several languages to translate if needed.
To try out the platform, you have one free hour. If that's not enough, you can purchase credits at a discounted price.
The API will then perform the speech recognition and provide you with the result within minutes.
2# Check and optimize the transcription
When the result is ready, you can click on the language of your video and access the dedicated subtitle editor to check and optimize the synchronization.
3# Import the SRT file into Final Cut Pro
Once you are satisfied with the result, you can download your .srt file from the "export" button. Now you just need to import it into Final Cut Pro as shown below. You can drag and drop the file and change the appearance of your subtitles on the platform. You can then upload the embedded subtitles or the SCC file that suits you best!
Here is how you can import your file (SCC, ITT or SRT):
Final Cut's plateform provides you with many subtitle customization possibilities :
Asking for the service of professional captioners
As you can see, creating subtitles still looks like a complex task.
We are well aware of this, which is why you can contact our professional subtitling services directly from the interface. These experts will take care of your video projects and deliver them on time.
You will not have to worry about it anymore and you will get a perfect result. Don't hesitate to use these services!
And if not, we hope we've helped you boost the workflow of your big video productions!