DaVinci Resolve is a leading video editing software in the movies and TV production industry. With deep color customization, high-end image rendering, and advanced sound optimization features, it has all the makings of a professional video solution.
But while DaVinci Resolve provides a built-in text-editing tool, it can be time-consuming and tiring to subtitle your video by hand. You can lose a lot of time in post-production and so fall behind in your schedule.
Here are more suitable automatic subtitling solutions that will help you speed up your workflow, and finish your video projects on time.
Why add subtitles in DaVinci Resolve?
When producing a video, it’s true that subtitling is often a last-minute priority. You’ve already prepared and edited the video, optimizing the picture and sound, and you’re creating subtitles to make sure you meet the distribution requirements.
But subtitles can provide decisive marketing as well as artistic benefits. Taking subtitling work more seriously will help you to:
- Export your video creations internationally, opening it up to culturally diverse countries around the world
- Make your content accessible to all audiences, including the deaf and hard of hearing
- Spread your artistic creations and message more easily throughout the video industry, by improving their visual and marketing impact.
Want to boost your subtitling process? We’ll show you how.
DaVinci Resolve subtitles: the alternatives
While you can do the work directly from DaVinci Resolve, there are actually other ways to make your subtitles. You can for example import and export subtitle files on the platform. This leaves you with several alternatives:
- Creating your subtitles manually with the platform’s text editing tool. Simply create titles and drag and drop them onto your timeline.
- Using an automatic subtitle generator. These solutions handle both the transcription, synchronization, and even translation of your video. With their speech-to-text technology, you only have to check the result, and you will immediately get a subtitle file (SRT, VTT) that you can use everywhere!
- Using a professional captioner. This is the most reliable solution if you want to benefit from a quality service for important projects. It’s obviously ideal for video production projects.
Our Checksub subtitling platform combines both human expertise and automatic technology. Here we show you how it can help you.
How to get automatic subtitling in DaVinci Resolve?
Since speech recognition technologies, subtitling has become a much easier job. Before, creating subtitles by hand was time-consuming and tedious. Now, with automatic subtitling solutions, you can subtitle your video in much less time.
However, professional solutions are still the most reliable for high volume and high demand projects.
Here we present our professional subtitling platform (in collaboration with agencies and freelancers). We created it to help optimize the workflow of video creators and professionals. It helps you to:
- Automatically and accurately transcribe your videos (advanced speech recognition API).
- Collaborate with professional captioners and translators to manage your video project.
- Translate your video into more than 128 languages (deep learning-based translation).
- Easily edit and customize the appearance of your subtitles.
If you want to do the work yourself, here is the fastest way to do it with our subtitling solution.
1# Import your DaVinci Resolve video into the interface
To get started, log in to the Checksub platform. By logging in, you will have direct access to the platform to upload your video. Select your previously uploaded DaVinci content and specify its original language. You can also choose between several languages to translate if necessary.
To try out the platform, you have one hour free. If this is not enough, you can buy credits at a low price.
The API will then perform the speech recognition and provide you with the result within minutes.
2# Check and optimize the transcription
When the result is ready, you can click on the language of your video and access the dedicated subtitle editor to check and optimize the synchronization.
3# Import the SRT file to DaVinci Resolve
Once you are satisfied with the result, you can download your .srt file from the “export” button. Then you just have to import it on DaVince Resolve as shown below. You can then drag and drop the file and edit the appearance of your subtitles on the platform. This will allow you to get the FCPXML file that fits you best!
Requesting a professional subtitling service
As you can see, creating subtitles is still a rather complex task.
We are well aware of this, which is why you can contact our professional subtitling services directly from the interface. These experts will take care of your video projects and deliver them on time.
You will not have to worry about it anymore, and you will get a perfect result. Don’t hesitate to use these services!
And otherwise, we hope we’ve helped you produce high-quality movies and series!