Increasingly popular with numerous companies, Vidyard is a hosting and video creation platform unique for its human touch. You can use the solution to record and send in one click videos to keep in touch with colleagues or clients by email.
The Vidyard’s video player fits in everything, and enables you to create contextual and interacting messages. But it also provides basic video accessibility features, such as contrast play or automatic playback.
By adding quality subtitles to your Vidyard videos, you further increase your chances of reaching any type of audiences.
Don’t know how to do this? We’ll teach you how to make quality subtitles.
Why put subtitles on Vidyard?
Vidyard is a very complete hosting and creation solution for everyday business use. For video sales, video marketing or corporate communication, it is a multifunctional tool that can be adapted to everything.
But Vidyard also differentiate itself by a user-friendly and flexible video player, which allows you to create personalized messages and interactive call-to-action. Obviously, it also addresses the needs and sensory deficiencies of different audience. For example, it complies with the WCAG 2.0 digital accessibility standards for videos, with contrast and automatic reading devices.
Adding subtitles allows you to be even more sure to get your message across to any type of audience. But there are many other benefits to subtitling:
- You open your audience to the diversity of languages and nationalities across the world.
- You make your content accessible to the hearing impaired and people with comprehension problems.
- You hook and keep the attention of your viewers more effectively
- You provide visual support that encourages users to react or discuss directly with your content.
You see it, it would be a shame to do without it! You are given the method to create them easily.
Subtitle Vidyard videos: the different processes
Even if Vidyard has various features, there is almost only one way to subtitle your videos: upload an SRT or VTT file on the dedicated interface. But how do you do it? There are especially three ways to do it:
- By creating it yourself, from a manual transcription of the audio
- Using an automatic subtitle generator
- By calling the services of a captioning professional
For the first choice, we warn you, it is a harder job than it seems. Transcription requires a lot of time and very specific skills, that’s why it’s a profession. There are no unlimited ways to do subtitles, and you have to follow nuemerous rules.
For the second choice, automatic subtitling solutions make the work easier, but still require human intervention to optimize the result, whether it be time code synchronization or transcription.
The third choice saves you time by letting an expert take care of it. Here we present a professional subtitling solution, Checksub, which combines both an automatic generator and expert collaboration.
How can I generate professional subtitles on Vidyard?
Since speech recognition technologies have emerged, a growing number of subtitling solutions are available on the Web. Although they make subtitling work easier and easier, professional solutions remain the most reliable for demanding, high-volume projects.
Here we present our subtitling platform in collaboration with professionals (agencies and freelancers). It provides powerful features:
- An advanced speech recognition API
- A collaborative interface with subtitlers and translators to manage your video project
- An automatic translation engine to translate your video, with 128 different languages available.
- A powerful and easy-to-use online subtitle editor
Here is the fastest and easiest way to proceed with our subtitling solution.
1# Upload your Vidyard video on the interface
To get started, register on the Checksub platform. Select your content and indicate its original language. You can also choose from a wide range of languages to perform a translation if necessary.
You have one hour to test the platform. If this time is not enough for your first video, you can buy credits at a low price.
The API will then perform the speech recognition and provide you with the result in a few minutes.
2# Check and optimize the result
When the result is ready, click on the language of your video and access the dedicated subtitle editor to check the synchronization.
Here are a few tips to optimize this task:
- Cut your sequences into 2 sentences of equal length. It’s often easier to divide your text into sentences. Go to the setting button to “divide my text into sentences”.
- Arrange the text sequences at the exact moment the speaker starts speaking. If the speaker is speaking fast, you can try to remove a few words but not the beginning or ending words.
- Always display the characters when the speaker’s lips move (important for those who read with their lips).
- Be sure to display a subtitle at the beginning of a scene and erase it at the end of the scene.
- Repeat several readings by yourself to check the fluidity of your subtitles.
3# Retrieve and send the ATV file to Vidyard
When you are satisfied with the transcript, you can download the SRT or ATV file. By adding it to the Vidyard interface, your subtitles will appear immediately.
Captioning experts : using their services
As you have noticed, using Checksub by yourself saves a lot of time, but still requires a lot of effort and rigor. And we are well aware of that!
That’s why we’ve put subtitling experts at the heart of the transcription process. You can easily contact our subtitling service from our interface, if you don’t have a lot of time or if you have a big project. Professional subtitlers and translators will then take care of your video projects. Do not hesitate to ask us for more information!
How can I put encodes subtitles on my Vidyard video?
If you want to change the look of your subtitles, you also have the possibility to encode your subtitles into your video. To do so, you can also use our solution. Just press “Export” > “Export video”. You will then have all the tools you need to customize the appearance of your subtitles.
Otherwise, you now know how to reach any type of audience with your Vidyard videos. Let’s create and maintain deep connections with your customers and employees!