You’ve recorded a video from your webcam or screen, and you want to add subtitles to it? We know what you mean: it’s the best way to make your content accessible.
With subtitles, your video calls, tutorials and explanation videos are easier to understand and their information easier to remember.
But how do you go about not wasting too much time on this work? We give you our tips.
Why add subtitles to your video recordings?
Video records are interesting in more than one way. By recording your conference or meetings, you can broadcast and share them to as many people as possible. By recording your screen, you can explain how software or tool works in a simple and interactive way.
However, because of the rigid format and fixed frame, it may be difficult to listen through these videos. That’s why subtitles are an essential element to add life to your recordings.
But there are other interesting benefits :
- If you post your recordings on your site, you improve your page ranking, especially by adding a transcription.
- You can translate your recordings into a variety of languages.
- Subtitles improve the viewing and engagement rate of your recordings, with greater visual impact.
- Your listeners can share and interact more easily with your discussions, by being able to quote directly from what you say.
- You enable people who are deaf or hard of hearing to understand your content.
Interested? We’ll show you how.
Video records with subtitles: different possibilities
When you have finished recording your video, you have several possibilities to subtitle your recording. Whether you post these recordings on social media, your site or video platforms, the alternative is always the same:
- Creating your transcript file manually and adapt it to the SRT format. But, we warn you, it is quite a long and complicated job.
- Using an automatic subtitle generator. Thanks to voice recognition technology, you will save time and make your work easier.
- Using subtitle professionals. If you have the financial resources or a large volume of videos, this is the trusted solution to take charge of your project.
We show you here our professional solution Checksub, which combines automatic technology and professional expertise.
How to use an automatic subtitle generator?
Since the generalization of speech recognition technologies, there have been many automatic subtitle app available on the market. By supporting transcription, audio/video synchronization and even foreign language translation, they provide fast and high quality results.
Among them, our solution is particularly suited for video record subtitles. It enables you to :
- Automatically and accurately transcribe your videos (Advanced Speech Recognition API)
- Collaborate with professional subtitlers and translators to manage your video project.
- Translate your video into more than 128 languages (translation based on deep learning)
- Easily change and customize the appearance of your subtitles
Here is the step-by-step method to use it :
1# Upload your video on the interface
To get started, log in to the Checksub platform. By logging in, you will have direct access to the platform to upload your video. Select your content and indicate its original language. You can also choose between several languages to make a translation if necessary.
To try the platform, you have one hour free. If this is not enough, you can buy credits at a low price.
The API will then perform the speech recognition and provide you with the result in a few minutes.
2# Verify and optimize the transcription
When the result is ready, you can click on the language of your video and access the dedicated subtitle editor to check and optimize the synchronization.
3# Export your SRT file
When you are satisfied with the result, you can then directly retrieve the subtitles of your video. Just press “Export” and then “SRT” to download the file.
You can also upload your video with built-in subtitles to export it everywhere effortlessly with the “Export Video” option.
Requesting a professional subtitle service
As you can see, creating subtitles is still quite complex. This is even more true if you have a large volume of video recordings that are difficult to transcribe (ambient noise).
Fortunately, there are also professional services that can take care of your video recording projects. With the help of proven human expertise, they will deliver your projects in a short period of time and with high quality. For example, our subtitling experts are at your service!
Transcript from video recording: the benefits
Another interesting tool, video transcription can convert your videoconferences and conversations into content and SEO boost for your site.
Here are the different advantages you can expect from it:
- By including transcripts, you will considerably improve the page ranking.
- You provide visual support that your listeners can easily rely on.
- By adjusting these transcripts you can turn them into blog posts.
- You allow an audience that wants to save time to access a summary of your podcast.
Again, it is quite difficult to do the transcription work yourself. Fortunately, there are many online transcription software packages on the market that will allow you to do it just as well. Checksub can take care of it, for example, using the same method as explained above.
We’ll let you try it all out. We hope we’ve helped you save precious time!